I'm a General Surgeon based in Wellington, in Private practice at Riddiford Medical and at Southern Cross Hospital, Wellington, and working Publicly at Wellington Public Hospital. I have been a senior lecturer at the Wellington School of Medicine since 2008.
Originally from Iraq, with medical school and specialist surgical training there, I initially practiced as a consultant surgeon in Baghdad. Subsequent to migrating to New Zealand, I undertook further training and experience in general surgery at Wellington, Hutt and Christchurch hospitals, completing one year of post fellowship training in upper gastrointestinal and hepato-biliary and pancreatic surgery in Christchurch.
Presently, I am a fellow/member of the following professional bodies:
- Fellow of the Royal
- Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the New Zealand Association of General Surgeons
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Hepatic, Pancreatic and Biliary Association
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Association of Gastric & Oesophageal Surgery.
I have specific interests in:
- Gallbladder surgery
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repair
- Colon surgery
- Small bowel surgery
- Pilonidal sinus disease surgery
- Anal surgery
- Skin lesion surgery